Well, we completely understand that if your Epson Printer Not Printing on Windows right in the middle of an important project how frustrating it can really get. For example, if you print a document and the print job doesn’t complete, it’s your responsibility to fix the problem immediately, as it can delay a lot of your work. Therefore we have created this blog, where we will discuss how to fix the issue with an Epson Printer Not Printing on Windows PC.
Some common reasons why an Epson printer will not print from a computer
- It may be configured to be the default printer.
- Low ink levels
- There isn’t any installed paper.
- Could not be correctly connected to the power source
- Could be an outdated printer driver
- Ink cartridge issues
- Maybe the network connect
- Jammed paper issue
Is your Epson Printer Not Printing on Windows ? Try out some possible Easy Fixes –
Now the quickest and easiest solution is that you handle the problem all by yourself only by following the steps below and you should be able to troubleshoot the Epson printer printing issue in no time.
Fix 1 – Detach and Restart the Printer
Do you know that most of the time just a simple restart helps in solving big issues? Therefore the first thing you would need to do is turn off the power of your printer and detach it from the power socket. After that, you should wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it in again and turn your printer power on. Now check if your printing is working by doing some print job and if not then you should continue with the next fix.
Fix 2: Checking of the Wire and Cable Connection
Now after you have done restarting the printer the other fix you should do is check the physical connection of the cable and wire. This may seem like a beginner’s step, but you will be surprised to know that in most cases this is the root cause of the problem. Therefore, do not skip this step.
You should check all cables and connections connected to your printer. Next, check if the power switch is turned on. If the power supply is affected, you must connect it to a different plug. Furthermore, check the cables and ports if there are any damages, if found so then replace them right away and plug in all the cables after you have disconnected the power supply.
After you have plugged in the cables then you should turn the power on. And now you should have your Epson printer working again however, if not then you can continue to follow the next solutions.
Fix 3: Check Default Printer
At times a printer may get removed from the default due to a computer issue and this can also happen when your device is simultaneously connected to multiple printers. So to solve this issue, you will need to set the Epson printer as the default again, and to do so you would need to go to ‘Start menu > Settings > Device > Printer and Scanners’.
You now need to select the printer from the given list and make sure to put it under the default printer’s list. If you want you can also unmark the ‘Let Windows manage my default printer option’ only if you repeatedly face this issue of the Epson printer not printing.
Fix 4: Update Device Drivers
Whenever a device fails to function normally it’s usually due to an outdated device driver. As you already know the device drivers are the software that are responsible for communicating between the device and the operating system. Hence this could result in malfunctioning device issues such as the current issue you are facing right now with your Epson printer not printing anything. Below you will find an easy method that will help you update the printer driver so that you’re your printer starts working again.
Here in this method, we are using ‘Advanced Driver Updater’ to update the Epson printer driver. You will not face any difficulty as it is an easy-to-use driver updating tool created for Windows PCs. It is dependable in addition to being safe to download and having a large, regularly updated driver database.
- You need to start by downloading Advanced Driver Updater by clicking on the ‘Download Now’ button.
- And then you need to run the download setup file in order to complete the installation. You should also grant any necessary permission to make changes to the system.
- After that, you just have to launch the driver update and then click on the ‘Start Scan Now’ button.
- Now the scanning process will examine the states of the device drivers thoroughly on the computer. This will take a few minutes after which you should see the result appearing on your screen.
- Next, you will need to locate the Epson printer driver in the given and click on the ‘Update driver’ button which is right in front.
Download the Epson Printer from its Official Website
This is another method to install the printer driver; you just need to visit the official website of Epson printer. Here the company often releases the latest device drivers.
The following are the steps to download the driver for your Epson printer:
- You must first go to Epson printer’s official website and click on the printer’s support page.
- After that, you will need to look for your product series.
- Now once you reach the correct printer model page you should be able to find the Driver downloads available.
- You then need to click on the Operating System as well as the corresponding driver for your printer.
- And now you have to download the driver file by double-clicking on it. And then just follow the given on-screen instructions to update the driver. If you find that the file is a Zip file then you will need to unzip it and then go to update the driver.
Fix 5 – Uninstall/Reinstall the Epson Printer
- You just need to press the ‘+ I’ keys to open Windows settings on your screen.
- And then you will need to click on ‘Devices’.
- Next, you should select ‘Printers & Scanner’ from the displayed left pane.
- You now need to look for the printer that you are using right under ‘Printers & Scanner’ select it and then ‘Remove’ the device.
Solved – Epson printer stopped working?
Well, now the next time you or someone else you know happen to face the issue with an Epson printer not working you know just what you should do. Now that you have completed the above steps, I hope you get the best results and find this blog helpful. But, if you need more help, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the experts on our list—they have the necessary training and experience to handle any problems you may be having.
Related Article: How to fix the issue Printer driver not installed. Access is denied?