The Process to Reset a Canon Printer? We are all familiar with the Canon brand since it is well-known and adored by consumers worldwide for its superb printers that are powered by remarkable performance. Canon has therefore become one of the premier choices today in the business world as well as in every household. You would rarely see an enterprise or a home that does not have a Canon product.
Like any other device, a Canon printer is well-known for its excellent quality, but like any other device, problems with your Canon device can occasionally arise. But there’s no need to panic too much because following simple reset instructions can also resolve these common issues.
Therefore if you are a Canon user and you are facing issues with your Canon printer then you have definitely made it to the perfect place as here in this bog you will learn how to reset your Canon printer. All you will be required to do is follow the instructions given carefully to get the desired results.
Different Types of Canon Printer Resets | Process to Reset a Canon Printer
Do you know that Process to Reset a Canon Printer it gives you the ability to restore it to its original functionality? More than that doing this process also helps to resolve any other small or extensive technical problems as well which includes the issues of slow printing or unresponsiveness.
Below we will discuss the four different types of Canon printer resets such as;
- Power reset
- Ink reset
- Hard reset
- Factory reset
Method 1- How to Reset the Canon Printer: The Power Reset
You should now be aware that a power reset is a gentle kind of reset; while it can occasionally also resolve larger problems, it can be sufficiently effective to restore the Canon printer to its initial condition. Take these actions as directed:
- You should first turn off your Canon printer then remove the cable from the direct power source and make sure that your device is completely disconnected.
- After that, you will need to plug the power cable back into the power socket and turn the device on.
- Next, you have to connect your Canon printer to the Ethernet cable.
- You now need to perform a test print so that you can see if the issue is resolved.
Method 2- How to Reset a Canon Printer – the Ink Reset
It is common knowledge that every inkjet printer has an integrated chip designed to alert users when their ink runs low and requires replacement. However, at times it could also be that your Canon printer may need an ink reset instead of an actual cartridge refill.
The following are the steps for resetting your printer’s ink in order to restore your device to function normally again.
- You need to start by removing the ink cartridge from your Canon printer and then you should insert it into the main channel of the ink resetting mechanism.
- And now you must make sure that the chip in the ink cartridge is functioning properly and is in contact with the plate on the resetting tool.
- Next, you would need to hold the ink cartridge gently until you see the LED light on the chip resetter flashing; you just need to wait until the light is steady.
- After doing so, you will need to remove the cartridge from the chip resetter and then repeat the process on other ink cartridges that also might require a reset.
- You now need to install the ink cartridge in your Canon printer then make sure to do a test printout to check if the issues have been fixed or not.
Method 3- How to Reset a Canon Printer – Hard Reset
When you do a hard reset on your device it helps to restore the Canon printer back to its default factory configuration. You can follow the steps given below to perform a hard reset;
- You must first press and hold the ‘Stop’ button on the Canon printer until you do not hear the alarm ring.
- Next, you will need to release the ‘Start’ button but only after the alarm flashes or rings at least about 19 times.
- Now doing the action above should have already restored your printer to its original factory setup. After which you would need to uninstall the printer’s drive from your computer network and then install them with the latest drivers. You can choose to reach out to the manufacturer’s support team to get more information on the latest Canon printer drivers available.
- Once the reinstallation procedure is complete, your Canon printer ought to be operational once more.
Method 4- How to Reset the Canon Printer – Factory Reset
Well, this process is a little similar to the hard reset, but the factory reset restores your printer to its out-of-the-box default setup however there are a few essential differences between the two which you will know about when you begin with the steps below.
- The first thing you need to do is select the ‘Setup’ option on your Canon printer and then navigate to the ‘Device Settings’ section using the arrow keys then press the OK button.
- After doing so, you will need to navigate to the ‘Reset settings’ and press the OK button. And now you need to look for the ‘Reset’ option and then select the OK button again.
- At last, you just need to select the ‘Yes’ button and there you go now you have the device reset successfully.
The steps given above are absolutely relevant and will surely help you Process to Reset a Canon Printer without any difficulty. Therefore, we sincerely hope that you are happy with the outcomes and can handle them on your own. Nevertheless, if you come across any sort of glitches then you can directly call the provided number. The diligent team of technicians will in no time assist you accordingly with the most suitable solutions.
Related Article: Fix the issue with Epson Printer Not Printing on Windows